Barr Confirms DOJ has Created ‘Intake Process’ to Vet Giuliani’s Biden-Ukraine Info - Do You Support It?
Do you support the DOJ’s ‘intake process’ for Giuliani's Ukraine info?
by Countable | 2.11.20
What’s the story?
- Attorney General William Barr confirmed Monday that the Justice Department has “established an intake process” to evaluate material that Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s personal attorney, collected about Joe and Hunter Biden in Ukraine.
- “The DOJ has the obligation to have an open door to anybody who wishes to provide us information that they think is relevant,” Barr said during a press event at the Justice Department.
"We have to be very careful with respect to any information coming from Ukraine. There are a lot of agendas in the Ukraine. There are a lot of cross currents. And we can't take anything we receive from the Ukraine at face value."
- Trump and his allies have continued to make unfounded claims alleging that Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, acted corruptly in Ukraine.
- The matter is complicated because Giuliani is under investigation by the Justice Department.
What’s the response?
- House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) sent a letter to Barr Monday afternoon demanding answers on why the DOJ is receiving information outside of normal channels from the president’s personal attorney.
- "As you know, the Department has formal, established channels by which to receive information and begin investigations," wrote Nadler. "This new channel to Mr. Giuliani would seem to be a significant departure from those traditional channels."
- "Whether or not you are in league with Mr. Giuliani and his associates, DOJ guidelines and regulations exist to protect you and the Department from even the appearance of a conflict of interest or any impropriety," Nadler wrote, referring to allegations by Lev Parnas that Barr was involved in a scheme to dig up dirt on the Bidens in Ukraine.
"Given your creation of a new 'intake process' for Mr. Giuliani, it is all the more important that you provide a complete explanation for your decision to sidestep standard Department practice."
What do you think?
Do you support Barr’s back-channel “intake process”? Do you support investigations into the Bidens? Take action and tell your reps, then share your thoughts below.
The DC: Bloomberg joins tonight's Democratic debate, and... 🏆 Your favorite fictional U.S. president is...Welcome to Wednesday, February 19th, pollens and anti-histamines...Mike Bloomberg has entered the chat.Tonight, Former New York
by Countable | 2.19.20
Sanders & AOC Propose Fracking Ban - Do You Agree?What’s the story?Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) recently introduced the Ban Fracking Act (S. 3247) with the support of lead
by Countable | 2.18.20
Watch & Comment Live: Nevada Democratic DebateClick here for a live stream of the debate, beginning with a pre-show at 8:00 p.m. ET.Bloomberg has entered the chat.Nevada
by Countable | 2.18.20