YOUR VOTE: New Jersey
Join the 170,730 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: New Jersey's primary election is on June 5, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in New Jersey.
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the primary election is May 15, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the general election is October 16, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Laws: New Jersey requires a identification if you did not provide identification when you registered.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Don't have valid ID?: Once you have registered to vote, no further voter ID is required to vote in NJ except for some first time voters.
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit New Jersey Voter ID FAQs
5. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The New Jersey Division of Elections can be reached at 1-877-NJ-VOTER.
- Email Address: Its email is Feedback@sos.nj.gov.
6. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and getelection reminders
The DC: 🌗 Moon landing's 50th anniversary, and... Should more states pass laws like the Save Chick-fil-A bill?Welcome to Monday, July 22, mugs and cups...On July 22, 1969, American astronauts from the Apollo 11 crew took “one small step
by Countable | 7.22.19
Know a Nominee: Mark Esper to be Secretary of DefenseThe Senate is expected to vote this week on the nomination of Mark Esper to be Secretary of Defense, starting with a procedural
by Countable | 7.21.19
Committee Watch: Mueller to Testify on Russia Probe, Plus Oversight of the FBI & Family Detention at the BorderBefore bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by
by Countable | 7.21.19