YOUR VOTE: Kentucky
Join the 168,712 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: Kentucky's primary election is on May 22, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Kentucky.
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the primary election is April 23, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the general election is October 9, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Laws: Kentucky requires photo identification if the voter isn't personally known by precinct officials.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit Kentucky Voter ID FAQs
5. BALLOT MEASURES
- Ballot Measure #1: Marsy's Law Amendment — Provides for constitutional rights of crime victims
6. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The Kentucky State Board of Elections can be reached at 1-800-246-1399.
- Email Address: Staff can be reached via emails listed on this page.
7. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and getelection reminders
‘Consensus Calendar’ Clash May Derail Bill Protecting Military Survivors' Benefits From 'Widow's Tax'The second-most bipartisan bill in the House of Representatives faces an uncertain future after House Democrats voted last week
by Countable | 7.16.19
The DC: 🚫 House condemns Trump's 'go back' tweets, and... Should taxpayer-funded clinics be banned from referring women for abortions?Welcome to Wednesday, July 17, innies and outies...The House of Representatives voted to condemn as racist President Donald
by Countable | 7.17.19
Should Google Be Investigated for ‘Treason’ for Working With China?What’s the story? President Donald Trump said he will “take a look” at investigating Google for treason after investor Peter
by Countable | 7.16.19