I am glad my Representative voted “Yes!”
The Case For The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump Is Strong!
With respect to the Ukraine incident, Trump’s use of the office of the president's nearly uncheckable powers in foreign policy for his own political ends is a just a clear and irrefutable abuse of power. Further, it is an egregious affront both to our constitutional order. To allow this removes integrity of our government.
Yet the Ukraine incident gives rise to the question why Trump was not charged soon. There have been numerous high crimes and misdemeanors:
1. Multiple incidents of obstruction of justice;
2. Violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause and Domestic Emoluments Clause of the United States Constitution, i.e. violation Of Article I, Section 9 Of the US Constitution—Foreign Emoluments;
3. Violation of Campaign Finance Laws including but not limited to payment of hush money;
4. Improper sources, expenditures, and uses of the $107 Million collected for Trump’s inaugural ceremony;
5. Conspiring with others to: (a) commit crimes against the United States involving the solicitation and intended receipt by the Donald J. Trump campaign of things of value from a foreign government and other foreign nationals; and (b) conceal those violations;
6. Advocating illegal violence, giving aid and comfort to white supremacists and neo-Nazis, and undermining constitutional protections of equal protection under the law;
7.Abusing the pardon power including but not limited to Joe Arpaio, Sholom Rubashkin, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Dinesh D'Souza, Dwight Hammond and Steven Hammond;
8. Recklessly threatening nuclear war against foreign nations, undermining and subverting the essential diplomatic functions and authority of federal agencies, including the United States Department of State, and engaging in other conduct that grossly and wantonly endangers the peace and security of the United States, its people and people of other nations, by heightening the risk of hostilities involving weapons of mass destruction, with reckless disregard for the risk of death and grievous bodily harm;
9. Directing or endeavoring to direct law enforcement, including the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, to investigate and prosecute political adversaries and others, for improper purposes not justified by any lawful function of his office, thereby eroding the rule of law, undermining the independence of law enforcement from politics, and compromising the constitutional right to due process of law.
In addition there are numerous reasons that he is unfit to be the President of the United States of America; this goes to his incompetence and being morally unfit for the office.
* He has failed to provide transparency with his personal finances.
* He has failed to disclose his tax returns.
* He lied to Selective Service about “bone spurs.”
* He lied about vaious college scores and grades.
* He clearly lacks the demeanor needed to be Commander in Chief.
* He constantly Lies
* His use of Twitter is an embarrassment to the country
* He has Threatened the Freedom of Speech
* He has Threatened the Freedom of Press
* He is clearly a Racist
* He is a White Nationist
* Is Divisive.
* Is a Demagogue
* Lacks foreign policy experience.
* He trusts Putin over our Intelligence agencies.
* Has encouraged illegal actions such as further exposing Clintons emails.
* Has appointed to his cabinet people who have allegedly committed crimes and are totally unqualified
* He has included family members on the White House staff possibly to essentially no show jobs.
* His unnecessary travel from a dual residency in NYC and D.C. & frequent trips to Maralago at taxpayers' expense
Taken together it is abundantly clear that his behavior has risen to high crimes and egregious misdeanors. The Constitution must be upheld! Due process must be followed! Trump must be removed from office.