Vote for House Justice in Policing Act based on Black Caucus (House & Senate members) recommendations:
1) Chokeholds. House proposes eliminated, Senate proposes restriction.
Compromise: Other holds like sleeper hold instead of chokehold?
2) Qualified Immunity. House proposes change, Senate leaves as is.
Compromise: Have police budgets & unions pay damages not municipalities & see if they still want to protect the bad apples.
3) Police Officer Prosecution. House proposes making it easier, Senate proposes training instead.
Compromise: Same as qualified immunity.
4) No-Knock Warrants. House proposes eliminating them, Senate wants reporting of them.
Compromise: Initially track & report, then review & restrict based on specific cases.
5) Racial Bias. House proposes ending, Senate proposes training & oversight commission.
Compromise: Review & revise procedures with local committees that include community leaders. Create training programs based on changes. After complaints & incidences review with committee.