- fail to effectively enforce the environmental laws;
- waive or stray from environmental laws of or weaken protections afforded by such laws;
- don't hold judicial or administrative proceedings giving access to remedies for violations of environmental laws;
- fail to provide appropriate and effective sanctions or remedies for violations of the environmental laws;
- fail to effectively enforce environmental commitments in agreements to which a foreign country and the United States are involved.
- Not enactedThe President has not signed this bill
- The senate has not voted
- The house has not voted
Committee on Ways and MeansIntroducedDecember 12th, 2013
- house Committees
What is House Bill H.R. 3733?
This bill would expand provisions of the 1974 Trade and Environment Enforcement Act, also know as the Green 301 Act. The bill would permit the US government to impose penalties, including the increase of tariffs, on countries that:
The bill impacts foreign trade and global environmental standards.
Cost of House Bill H.R. 3733
A CBO cost is currently unavailable.