- Not enactedThe President has not signed this bill
- The senate has not voted
- The house has not voted
Committee on Education and LaborIntroducedNovember 14th, 2013
- house Committees
What is House Bill H.R. 3485?
This bill deals with employees' relationships and interactions with labor unions. The bill includes seven core provisions.
1) It would require secret ballot elections to determine union representation;
2) It would create union re-certification elections when half the originally unionized employees have turned over;
3) It would mandate opt-in rather than opt-out systems for subsidizing unions’ political operations, dubbed paycheck protection;
4) It would permit employees not to provide personal information (such as phone numbers and email addresses) to union organizers;
5) It would provide protection from union coercion (including fines) blocking de-certification of an existing union;
6) It would require "secret ballot strike votes"; and
7) It would criminalize union threats and violence.
The bill impacts labor unions, employees, and employers.
Cost of House Bill H.R. 3485
A CBO cost is currently unavailable.