Like Countable?

Install the App
TRY NOW

house Bill H.R. 264

$23.6 Billion to Fund the Treasury, the Judiciary, Financial Regulators, and the Small Business Administration

Argument in favor

This bill would fully fund crucial federal agencies like the Treasury Dept., the federal judiciary, and financial regulators that are currently impacted by the shutdown through September.

John's Opinion
···
01/09/2019
Donald Trump is America’s biggest roadblock to progress. He cares only about himself and his Aspirations. By far the most Americans think this wall is a stupid idea. 25% of the country cannot dictate what the other 75% one. Dictate is the big word here. What is trump are turning into this is a democracy not a country run by one person whom thinks he’s a minor God. For the good of this country Trump has to go. Along with any Republican that supports him.
Like (452)
Follow
Share
Lionman's Opinion
···
01/09/2019
There are 800,000 Federal Employees who want to get back to work, who have a job to do, regardless of a wall or not. I cannot believe that “most” or “many” of them want to have a wall on the southern border instead of a roof over their head and food for their families.
Like (432)
Follow
Share
David 's Opinion
···
01/09/2019
No wall, no wall, no wall. With all forms of immigration on the decline for 25 years, the wall is political theater. In 2018, more Americans were killed by lettuce than illegal immigrants.
Like (355)
Follow
Share

Argument opposed

While this bill may be bipartisan, it has no chance of becoming law unless a deal is struck on border security so Congress should focus on reaching an overarching funding compromise.

Dale's Opinion
···
01/09/2019
Nothing unless it includes funding for the wall. Nothing!
Like (133)
Follow
Share
Emilie's Opinion
···
01/09/2019
If NO WALL then no Foreign Aid!!!! Period!
Like (107)
Follow
Share
ManfromNebraska's Opinion
···
01/09/2019
Fund the wall or keep the government shutdown. It’s great to have a President willing to do what government is supposed to do...Protect it’s citizens! Illegals are killing us in more ways than one. Fund the wall!!!
Like (93)
Follow
Share

bill Progress


  • Not enacted
    The President has not signed this bill
  • The senate has not voted
  • The house Passed January 9th, 2019
    Roll Call Vote 240 Yea / 188 Nay
      house Committees
      Committee on Appropriations
    IntroducedJanuary 8th, 2019

Log in or create an account to see how your Reps voted!
    Donald Trump is America’s biggest roadblock to progress. He cares only about himself and his Aspirations. By far the most Americans think this wall is a stupid idea. 25% of the country cannot dictate what the other 75% one. Dictate is the big word here. What is trump are turning into this is a democracy not a country run by one person whom thinks he’s a minor God. For the good of this country Trump has to go. Along with any Republican that supports him.
    Like (452)
    Follow
    Share
    Nothing unless it includes funding for the wall. Nothing!
    Like (133)
    Follow
    Share
    There are 800,000 Federal Employees who want to get back to work, who have a job to do, regardless of a wall or not. I cannot believe that “most” or “many” of them want to have a wall on the southern border instead of a roof over their head and food for their families.
    Like (432)
    Follow
    Share
    No wall, no wall, no wall. With all forms of immigration on the decline for 25 years, the wall is political theater. In 2018, more Americans were killed by lettuce than illegal immigrants.
    Like (355)
    Follow
    Share
    Happy to see that this prohibits pay raises for Pence and other cabinet members. They SHOULD be taking a pay cut...ALL of them.
    Like (112)
    Follow
    Share
    The fight is about the wall. Quit holding 800,000 people hostage. Restart govt
    Like (110)
    Follow
    Share
    If NO WALL then no Foreign Aid!!!! Period!
    Like (107)
    Follow
    Share
    Fund the wall or keep the government shutdown. It’s great to have a President willing to do what government is supposed to do...Protect it’s citizens! Illegals are killing us in more ways than one. Fund the wall!!!
    Like (93)
    Follow
    Share
    Please VOTE YES on this important bill during the Trump Shutdown, and VOTE NO on the Trump Vanity Wall. #impeachthemofo P. S. I love this one: - Funds would be prohibited from being used to paint portraits of federal employees, including elected officials. (Keep up the good work;)
    Like (88)
    Follow
    Share
    Nothing until our borders are secure, our children are safe, human and child trafficking is deterred, drug flow deterred by building the wall and securing our borders. We want immigrants to come in legally and have good job opportunities and pay taxes, not live in hiding working under the table and collecting government free rides while our own citizens are starving and living in tents. It's a shame and dark mark on America and makes us look weak and foolish . And open boarders welcomes crime and terrorism in. I feel the democrats don't care about America first just pushing some Power trip agenda. I'm not feeling safe knowing caravans are charging our borders and then hearing about Iranian ships in the Atlantic that are on their way to S America for multiple stops (one possibly Mexico ) bringing possible terrorists and weapons and more. Remember Obama gave them our money we could have built a wall with it. And if this is true, have they been stopped or what are our officials doing to protect us if they try to come through our borders? I don't want to be UK, France, Venezuela or Germany and neither would most Americans if they were informed with Real news not Propaganda. Also if there was a wall it would stop the children being trafficked alone & unaccompanied by a parent to our borders which would save lives and prevent sexual abuse by the evil traffickers. So, if you truly care about children and women suffering then stop dangling the apple in front of them and they would stay home and be safe. And the real asylum seekers would receive a fair chance to claim asylum Legally.
    Like (72)
    Follow
    Share
    Fund the government. Do not spend $1 on a useless fence that we do not need considering that immigration has been declining for a decade. This is Trump trying to make himself important and trying to initiate a non-existent crisis so that he has an excuse to take over the government as Hitler did in Nazi Germany. We do not need a wall. We do not need troops on any of our borders. We need to work with other countries to find solutions to help these people find better safer lives. That would be the American thing to do as well as the Christian thing to do.
    Like (62)
    Follow
    Share
    Open the govt before Trump destroys our country!
    Like (61)
    Follow
    Share
    Someone please tell the Democrats that just because you don’t like the president that you don’t obstruct progress. ALL of them voted for border security before and now that we have a president that doesn’t kiss their ass they obstruct.... just insane.
    Like (53)
    Follow
    Share
    Fund the wall NOW.
    Like (49)
    Follow
    Share
    No wall, no government. NATIONAL SECURITY IS THE ONLY EXCUSE *FOR* A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Fail to fulfill the most basic fundamental function of government and there's NO further point in tolerating you. They who govern do so by the consent of the governed. There's been a GREAT deal of discussion lately about revocable consent, perhaps you should listen... #acountrywithoutbordersisntacountry
    Like (47)
    Follow
    Share
    We need to secure our border immediately with a wall Dems are playing politics their history shows being in favor of building a wall put your feelings aside and American's security first !! Use your hate for Trump elsewhere !! Fund the 5 billion now so we can build the wall and secure our southern border ASAP !!
    Like (46)
    Follow
    Share
    Read my lips: Build the wall!
    Like (43)
    Follow
    Share
    You can’t protect a southern border without an operating government. You can’t build anything unless you have the government running in order to fund the project in the first place. So the imperative initial and foremost action is to end the shutdown and get people paid and offices opened.
    Like (41)
    Follow
    Share
    Unless it funds the money for the wall the answer is NO
    Like (38)
    Follow
    Share
    Nothing should get done until the wall is built
    Like (32)
    Follow
    Share
    MORE