Biden Sweeps First Primaries Since Coronavirus Declared National Emergency
Did you (or would you) vote for Biden?
by Axios | 3.17.20
Why it matters: The contests on Tuesday marked the first round of state primaries since President Trump declared a state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic. Sanders and Biden have canceled rallies and traditional outreach efforts in order to stop the spread of the virus.
- Biden is projected to win all three states as of 11 pm ET Tuesday. Sanders, who is facing calls to drop out, did not address the press or his supporters on Tuesday night.
- Ohio was also set to vote Tuesday, but Gov. Mike DeWine stepped in and ordered the closure of polling sites, citing a public health emergency. He is seeking to delay in-person voting to June 2.
Biden was projected to win the state within minutes of polls closing. The state's final precincts closed at 8 p.m. ET.
- 219 delegates are up for grabs.
Biden was projected to win the state within a half-hour of polls closing. The state's final polling places closed at 8 p.m. ET.
- 155 delegates are up for grabs.
Biden was projected to win the state. The state's final polling places closed at 10 p.m. ET.
- 67 delegates are up for grabs.
U.S. Has Expelled Thousands of Migrants Under Coronavirus Public Health Order - Do You Support the Expulsion?The U.S. has expelled more than 6,000 migrants using new powers enabling the federal government to almost immediately turn back
by Axios | 4.9.20
Bernie Sanders Suspends Presidential CampaignSen. Bernie Sanders announced Wednesday that he is suspending his presidential campaign.The big picture: It's an end to the
by Axios | 4.8.20
Trump Removes Watchdog Overseeing Rollout of $2 Trillion Coronavirus Bill - Do You Support the Removal?President Trump on Monday replaced the Pentagon's acting inspector general Glenn Fine, who had been selected to chair the panel
by Axios | 4.7.20