Mass Shooting in Milwaukee: What We Know So Far
Join the 101,083 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Axios | 2.26.20
Six people died in a shooting at the Milwaukee Molson Coors brewery complex on Wednesday, including the shooter, Mayor Tom Barrett told reporters at an evening press conference with local police.
What's happening: Police said "there is no active threat" just before 6 pm ET, but noted the scene remains active. Police chief Alfonso Morales told reporters that officers have "more than 20 buildings we have to secure" at the complex and they do not currently have all employees accounted for, as more than 1,000 were at the complex during the shooting.
- All victims worked at the brewery complex, Morales confirmed to reporters at the press conference. Barrett had earlier said that police were conducting sweeps of the affected area.
- "We believe the target is down," Morales told reporters at the press briefing, referring to the suspect, which he described as "a 51-year-old Milwaukee man, deceased, from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound."
- Multiple officials thanked the Chicago Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Bureau, the FBI and local fire departments for being on the scene.
- President Trump told reporters in a White House press briefing just after 6:30 pm ET that five people were killed in the shooting.
What they're saying: "Six families are grieving and will be grieving because of this horrific act of this individual ... there were five individuals who went to work today, just like everybody goes to work," Barrett told reporters.
- "The news out of Milwaukee is devastating, and my heart goes out to the victims, their families, and all those at Molson Coors. There’s no place for these kinds of hateful and disgusting acts in our society," Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.) tweeted.
- "Gun violence has taken too many lives in Milwaukee and the mass shooting today is heartbreaking," Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) tweeted. "I want to thank the first responders who ran into harm's way and saved lives. My office is standing by to help the #MKE community in the wake of this tragedy."
Jeffrey Epstein Associate Ghislaine Maxwell Indicted and ArrestedThe FBI on Thursday arrested Ghislaine Maxwell, a close associate of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, on charges linked
by Axios | 7.2.20
Trump Tweets Video of Supporter Yelling ‘White Power', Later Deletes ItPresident Trump tweeted, "Thank you to the great people of The Villages" on Sunday morning in response to a video of protesters
by Axios | 6.28.20
Atlanta Officer Fired, Chief Resigns, Wendy’s Torched After Fatal ShootingA white Atlanta police officer was fired after fatally shooting Rayshard Brooks, 27, an African American father, following a
by Axios | 6.15.20