Committee Watch: Smokey Robinson, Cambridge Analytica & War Powers
Join the 148,061 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 5.14.18
Before bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by relevant committees. Here’s a look at some of this week’s high profile committee hearings.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “Protecting and Promoting Music Creation for the 21st Century” featuring testimony from recording artist, songwriter, and producer Smokey Robinson and music industry representatives. 10am ET
- The Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee will hold a hearing titled “Authorities and Resources Needed to Protect and Secure the United States” featuring testimony from Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. 2: 30pm ET
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold a hearing to examine “S.J.Res. 59: Authorizing the Use of Military Force (AUMF) against the Taliban, al Qaeda, ISIS, and designated associated forces”. 10am ET
- The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “Cambridge Analytica and the Future of Data Privacy”. 10am ET
- The House Science, Space, and Technology Committee will hold a hearing titled “Using Technology to Address Climate Change” featuring testimony from representatives of several think tanks. 10am ET
- The House Ways and Means Committee will hold another hearing in their “Hearing Series on Tax Reform: Growing Our Economy and Creating Jobs”. 10am ET
- The Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, and Science will hold a hearing on the FBI’s FY19 budget request featuring testimony from FBI Director Christopher Wray. 2:30pm ET
- The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence will hold a hearing titled “China’s Worldwide Military Expansion”. 9am ET
- The Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services & General Government will hold a hearing on the FCC’s FY19 budget request featuring testimony from FCC Chairman Ajit Pai. 10am ET
See the full House committee hearing schedule here.
See the full Senate committee hearing schedule here.
Hit Take Action to tell your reps what you think of the issues being discussed in committees this week, then share your thoughts below!
— Eric Revell
Judge Blocks Removal of Confederate Statue That Sparked Charlottesville ProtestWhat’s the story?A Virginia judge has blocked the city of Charlottesville from removing the statue of Confederate general Robert
by Countable | 9.16.19
The DC: 🛢️ Saudi oil drone strike, and... Do you support banning private ICE detention centers?Welcome to Monday, September 16th, flora and fauna...President Donald Trump said Sunday that the U.S. is "locked and loaded"
by Countable | 9.16.19
Committee Watch: Gun Violence & Extremism, Presidential Obstruction of Justice, and U.S. Policy on Hong KongBefore bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by
by Countable | 9.15.19