Committee Watch: Next Steps in the Impeachment Inquiry, the Future of U.S.-Russia Relations, and Robots on Wall Street
How do you feel about this week's committee hearings?
by Countable | 12.1.19
Before bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by relevant committees ― which also conduct oversight of federal agencies. Here’s a look at what congressional committees will be holding hearings on this week.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Future of U.S. Policy Towards Russia”. 9:45am
- The House Intelligence Committee will hold a hearing to consider the report issued by the chair as part of the impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump. 6pm
- The House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Impeachment Inquiry into President Donald J. Trump: Constitutional Grounds for Presidential Impeachment”. 10am
- The Senate Commerce Committee will hold a hearing titled “Examining Legislative Proposals to Protect Consumer Data Privacy”. 10am
- The Senate Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing titled “Strategic Threats, Ongoing Challenges, and National Defense Strategy Implementation”. 9:30am
- The Senate Banking Committee will hold a hearing titled “Oversight of Financial Regulators”. 10am
- The House Financial Services Committee’s Task Force on Artificial Intelligence will hold a hearing titled “Robots on Wall Street: The Impact of AI on Capital Markets and Jobs in the Financial Services Industry”. 9:30am
See the full Senate committee schedule here.
See the full House committee schedule here.
Tell your reps what you think they should be focusing on and share your thoughts on the week’s schedule in the comments below!
― Eric Revell
U.S. Economy Beats Expectations by Adding 266K Jobs in NovemberThe Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday released its jobs report for November 2019, which found that the U.S. economy added
by Countable | 12.6.19
The DC: 📃 Pelosi asks for articles of impeachment, and... Do you support a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?Welcome to Friday, December 6th, ketchups and catsups...House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced Thursday that she is asking
by Countable | 12.6.19
Russian Cybercrime Group ‘Evil Corp’ Sanctioned by Treasury Dept.The Treasury Dept. announced Thursday that it will impose sanctions on the Russia-based cybercrime organization known as Evil
by Countable | 12.5.19