WATCH & COMMENT LIVE: Trump Impeachment Hearings - Laura Cooper & David Hale, Gordon Sondland
How do you feel about today's hearing?
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 11.20.19
- In the p.m., the U.S. House of Representatives hears from Laura Cooper, the deputy assistant secretary of defense, and David Hale, the undersecretary of state for political affairs.
- Earlier in the day, the House heard from Ambassador to the E.U. Gordon Sondland.
- Sondland had testified that congressionally-approved military aid to Ukraine was not contingent on Kiev publicly announcing they were investigating Joe and Hunter Biden and the 2016 election. However, Sondland later revised his testimony, saying:
"I now recall speaking individually with [Ukrainian President Zelensky’s personal aide], where I said resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anti-corruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks."
- How it will work: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA) will each have 45 minutes to ask questions. After this, the other lawmakers on the Intelligence Committee will be allowed to question the witnesses.
- The 30-second recap: On July 25, President Trump had a phone call with Ukrainian President Voldymyr Zelensky where he asked Zelensky to "do us a favor" and work with Attorney General William Barr and Trump's personal attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, to "look into" former Vice President Joe Biden and his family. (Hunter Biden was on the board of Ukrainian gas company Burisma.) Trump also asked Zelensky to investigate a debunked conspiracy theory that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that interfered in the 2016 election to benefit Hillary Clinton.
For more on the impeachment probe, visit our Trump Impeachment Coverage Action Center
Pelosi Asks Nadler & Schiff to Draft Articles of Impeachment Against President TrumpHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced Thursday that she is asking Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) and
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 12.5.19
Three Legal Experts Testify Trump Committed Impeachable Acts, One DissentsWhat's the story? The three constitutional scholars that Democrats invited to testify at Wednesday's House Judiciary Committee
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 12.4.19
Watch & Comment Live: House Judiciary Impeachment Hearing - Day 1What's the story? The House Judiciary Committee begins its phase of public impeachment hearings with four constitutional
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 12.3.19