WATCH & COMMENT LIVE: Trump Impeachment Hearings - Kurt Volker & Tim Morrison
How do you feel about today's hearing?
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 11.19.19
- The U.S. House of Representatives holds another impeachment hearing this afternoon at 2:30 p.m. ET.
- President Donald Trump is accused of withholding military aid to Ukraine unless they agreed to investigate his political rivals.
- Former special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker was one of the "three amigos" guiding U.S.-Ukraine relations, along with European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland and Energy Secretary Rick Perry. He resigned following the whistleblower complaint.
- Former National Security Council official Tim Morrison was on the now-infamous July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Vladomyr Zelensky. He's said he heard directly from Sondland that Sondland told the Ukrainians how to get their military aid.
- How the hearing will work: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA) will each have 45 minutes to ask questions. After this, the other lawmakers on the Intelligence Committee will be allowed to question the witnesses.
- The 30-second recap: On July 25, President Trump had a phone call with Zelensky where he asked the Ukrainian president to "do us a favor" and work with Attorney General William Barr and Trump's personal attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, to "look into" former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, who was on the board of Ukrainian gas company Burisma. Trump also asked Zelensky to investigate a debunked conspiracy theory that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that interfered in the 2016 election to benefit Hillary Clinton.
For more on the impeachment probe, visit our Trump Impeachment Coverage Action Center
Pelosi Asks Nadler & Schiff to Draft Articles of Impeachment Against President TrumpHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced Thursday that she is asking Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) and
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 12.5.19
Three Legal Experts Testify Trump Committed Impeachable Acts, One DissentsWhat's the story? The three constitutional scholars that Democrats invited to testify at Wednesday's House Judiciary Committee
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 12.4.19
Watch & Comment Live: House Judiciary Impeachment Hearing - Day 1What's the story? The House Judiciary Committee begins its phase of public impeachment hearings with four constitutional
by Countable's Trump Impeachment Coverage | 12.3.19