YOUR VOTE: West Virginia
Join the 168,139 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: West Virginia's primary election is May 8, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in West Virginia.
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the Primary Election is April 7, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the General Election is October 16, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Law: West Virginia requires voter identification.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Don't have valid ID?: If a voter shows up to vote, does not have an ID, and does not fall under any of the exceptions, the voter will be able to vote a provisional ballot and has an opportunity to prove his or her residence at the county clerk’s office before canvass begins (usually 5 days after Election Day).
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit West Virginia Voter ID FAQs
6.BALLOT MEASURES FOR YOUR APPROVAL
- Ballot Measure #1: Amendment 1 — States that there is no right to abortion or abortion funding in the state constitution
- Ballot Measure #2: Amendment 2 — Gives the legislature authority of budgeting for state judiciary with restrictions
5. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The West Virginia Official Election Center can be reached at (304) 558-6000.
- Email Address: The form to contact the Elections Division is available here.
6. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and get election reminders
‘Consensus Calendar’ Clash May Derail Bill Protecting Military Survivors' Benefits From 'Widow's Tax'The second-most bipartisan bill in the House of Representatives faces an uncertain future after House Democrats voted last week
by Countable | 7.16.19
The DC: 🚫 House condemns Trump's 'go back' tweets, and... Should taxpayer-funded clinics be banned from referring women for abortions?Welcome to Wednesday, July 17, innies and outies...The House of Representatives voted to condemn as racist President Donald
by Countable | 7.17.19
Should Google Be Investigated for ‘Treason’ for Working With China?What’s the story? President Donald Trump said he will “take a look” at investigating Google for treason after investor Peter
by Countable | 7.16.19