YOUR VOTE: Utah
Join the 172,294 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: Utah's Primary Election is on June 26, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Primary Registration: The registration cutoff for the Primary Election is June 19, 2018.
- General Registration: The registration cutoff for the General Election is October 30, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Law: Utah requires one photo ID or two non-photo IDs.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit Utah Voter ID FAQs
5. BALLOT MEASURES
- Ballot Measure #1: Active Military Property Tax Exemption Amendment — Changes the time of service required to qualify for the tax exemption
- Ballot Measure #2: Tax Exemption for Property Leased by a Government Entity Amendment — Allows tax exemption for property leased by a government entity
- Ballot Measure #3: Legislature Able to Convene a Special Session Amendment — Allows legislature to convene a special session with restrictions
- Ballot Measure #4: Utah Nonbinding Opinion Question 1, 10 Cents per Gallon Gas Tax Increase for Education and Local Roads — 10-Cent Gas Tax Increase for Education and Local Roads
- Ballot Measure #5: Medical Marijuana Initiative — Legalizes the medical use of marijuana
- Ballot Measure #6: Independent Redistricting Commission Initiative — Creates an independent redistricting commission
- Ballot Measure #7: Medicaid Expansion Initiative — Expands Medicaid under the ACA
6. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The Utah Official Election Center can be reached at (800) 995-VOTE.
- Email Address: Its email is email@example.com.
7. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and get election reminders
Astronauts Walked On the Moon for the First Time 50 Years Ago On This DateThis content leverages data from USAFacts, a non-profit that visualizes governmental data. You can learn more on its website,
by Countable | 7.20.19
Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Bills, Anti-BDS Resolution Advance From House Foreign Affairs CommitteeThe House Foreign Affairs Committee on Wednesday passed a package of five bipartisan bills aimed at outlining the House’s
by Countable | 7.19.19
Should You Be Allowed to Remove Trees on Your Property Without Government Approval?What’s the story?Sunshine State residents can now remove trees from their property without any interference from local
by Countable | 7.19.19