YOUR VOTE: South Dakota
Join the 170,995 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: South Dakota's primary election is on June 5, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in South Dakota.
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the primary election is May 21, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the general election is October 22, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Law: South Dakota requires a photo id to vote
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials
- Don't have valid ID?: If you are not able to present acceptable ID, you can still vote by signing a Personal Identification Affidavit.
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit South Dakota Voter ID FAQs
5. BALLOT MEASURES
June 5 Ballot
- Ballot Measure #1: Amendment Y — Changes 2016 Marsy's Law crime victim rights amendmen
November 6 Ballot
- Ballot Measure #2: Initiated Measure 24 — Bans out-of-state contributions to ballot question committees
- Ballot Measure #3: Initiated Measure 25 — Increases the tobacco tax
- Ballot Measure #4: Constitutional Amendment W — Revises campaign finance and lobbying laws, creates an accountability board, and prohibits legislative changes to initiatives without voter approval
- Ballot Measure #5: Constitutional Amendment X — 55 percent supermajority requirement for constitutional amendments
- Ballot Measure #6: Constitutional Amendment Z — Single-subject rule for constitutional amendments
6. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The South Dakota Official Election Center can be reached at (605) 773-3537.
- Email Address: Its email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and get election reminders
The DC: 🌗 Moon landing's 50th anniversary, and... Should more states pass laws like the Save Chick-fil-A bill?Welcome to Monday, July 22, mugs and cups...On July 22, 1969, American astronauts from the Apollo 11 crew took “one small step
by Countable | 7.22.19
Know a Nominee: Mark Esper to be Secretary of DefenseThe Senate is expected to vote this week on the nomination of Mark Esper to be Secretary of Defense, starting with a procedural
by Countable | 7.21.19
Committee Watch: Mueller to Testify on Russia Probe, Plus Oversight of the FBI & Family Detention at the BorderBefore bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by
by Countable | 7.21.19