YOUR VOTE: Montana
Join the 168,134 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES.
- Primary Election: Montana's primary election is on June 5, 2018
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Montana.
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the primary election is May 7, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the general election is October 9, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving our military abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Laws: Montana requires identification to vote.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
5. CANDIDATES ON YOUR BALLOT
- Democratic Primary: Check out this Ballotpedia entry for a comprehensive overview of the Democratic primaries, who's on your ballot, and what each candidate stands for.
- Republican Primary: Check out this Ballotpedia entry for a comprehensive overview of the Republican primaries, who's on your ballot, and what each candidate stands for.
6. BALLOT MEASURES
- Ballot Measure #1: Montana Ballot Collection Measure — Bans all but certain individuals from collecting another individual's ballot
- Ballot Measure #2: Montana Property Tax for State University System Measure — Continues a six-million property tax to fund the Montana University System for 10 years
- Ballot Measure #3: Medicaid Expansion — Eliminates the June 30, 2019 expiration date for expanded Medicaid eligibility and raises taxes on all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and vaping products
7. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The Montana Elections Division can be reached at 888-884-VOTE.
- Email Address: Its email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and getelection reminders
‘Consensus Calendar’ Clash May Derail Bill Protecting Military Survivors' Benefits From 'Widow's Tax'The second-most bipartisan bill in the House of Representatives faces an uncertain future after House Democrats voted last week
by Countable | 7.16.19
The DC: 🚫 House condemns Trump's 'go back' tweets, and... Should taxpayer-funded clinics be banned from referring women for abortions?Welcome to Wednesday, July 17, innies and outies...The House of Representatives voted to condemn as racist President Donald
by Countable | 7.17.19
Should Google Be Investigated for ‘Treason’ for Working With China?What’s the story? President Donald Trump said he will “take a look” at investigating Google for treason after investor Peter
by Countable | 7.16.19