YOUR VOTE: Minnesota
Join the 168,138 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: Minnesota's primary election is on August 14, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Minnesota.
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the primary election is July 24, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the general election is October 16, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Laws: Minnesota does not require identification to vote, unless the voter is registering or changing their registration at the polling place.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Don't have valid ID?: Once you have registered to vote, no further voter ID is required to vote in Minnesota except for some first time voters.
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit Minnesota Voter ID FAQs
5. CANDIDATES ON YOUR BALLOT
- Democratic Primary: Check out this Ballotpedia entry for a comprehensive overview of the Democratic primaries, who's on your ballot, and what each candidate stands for.
- Republican Primary: Check out this Ballotpedia entry for a comprehensive overview of the Republican primaries, who's on your ballot, and what each candidate stands for.
6. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The Minnesota Office of Secretary of State can be reached at 1-877-600-VOTE (8683).
- Email Address: Its email is email@example.com.
7. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and getelection reminders
‘Consensus Calendar’ Clash May Derail Bill Protecting Military Survivors' Benefits From 'Widow's Tax'The second-most bipartisan bill in the House of Representatives faces an uncertain future after House Democrats voted last week
by Countable | 7.16.19
The DC: 🚫 House condemns Trump's 'go back' tweets, and... Should taxpayer-funded clinics be banned from referring women for abortions?Welcome to Wednesday, July 17, innies and outies...The House of Representatives voted to condemn as racist President Donald
by Countable | 7.17.19
Should Google Be Investigated for ‘Treason’ for Working With China?What’s the story? President Donald Trump said he will “take a look” at investigating Google for treason after investor Peter
by Countable | 7.16.19