YOUR VOTE: Massachusetts
Join the 171,741 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
Make sure your vote counts! Here are the critical steps to Take Action in Massachusetts:
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Massachusetts's primary election is on September 4, 2018
- The General election is on November 6, 2018
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Massachusetts
- The registration cutoff for the primary election is August 15, 2018
- The registration cutoff for the general election is October 17, 2018
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot
- Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Massachusetts requires a identification for first-time voters, and sometimes for others. Bring one to be safe.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials
5. CANDIDATES ON YOUR BALLOT?
- Democratic Primary: Check out this Ballotpedia entry for a comprehensive overview of the Democratic primaries, who's on your ballot, and what each candidate stands for.
- Republican Primary: Check out this Ballotpedia entry for a comprehensive overview of the Republican primaries, who's on your ballot, and what each candidate stands for.
6. BALLOT MEASURES FOR YOUR APPROVAL?
- Ballot Measure #1: Income Tax for Education and Transportation Amendment — Creates 4 percent tax on incomes that exceed $1 million for education and transportation purposes
- Ballot Measure #2: Gender Identity Anti-Discrimination — Repeals law prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity
- Ballot Measure #3: Advisory Commission for Amendments to the U.S. Constitution Regarding Corporate Personhood and Political Spending Initiative — Establishes a 15-member citizens’ commission to advocate for certain amendments to the U.S. Constitution regarding political spending and corporate personhood
7. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- The Massachusetts Secretary of State can be reached at 1-800-392-6090
- The Office can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and getelection reminders
Trump Unveils Immigration and Border Security Bill – Do You Support It?What’s the story? President Donald Trump presented an immigration bill Tuesday aimed at strengthening border security,
by Countable | 7.17.19
Do You Support Articles of Impeachment Against Trump?What’s the story? The House will vote Wednesday on a resolution to impeach President Donald Trump, after Rep. Al Green (D-TX)
by Countable | 7.17.19
‘Consensus Calendar’ Clash May Derail Bill Protecting Military Survivors' Benefits From 'Widow's Tax'The second-most bipartisan bill in the House of Representatives faces an uncertain future after House Democrats voted last week
by Countable | 7.16.19