YOUR VOTE: Georgia
Join the 172,352 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: Georgia's primary election is on May 22, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Georgia.
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the primary election is April 24, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the general election is October 9, 2018.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
- Voter ID Laws: Georgia requires a photo identification to vote.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit Georgia Voter ID FAQs
5. BALLOT MEASURES
- Ballot Measure 1: Distribution of Sales Tax Revenue from School District Referendums Amendment — Allows a school district or multiple districts with a majority of students within a county to call for a county sales tax referendum
- Ballot Measure 2: Forest Land Conservation and Timberland Properties Amendment — Revises method for determining market value of forest land and creates a timberland property class
- Ballot Measure 3: Marsy's Law Crime Victim Rights Amendment — Adds rights of crime victims to state constitution
- Ballot Measure 4: Georgia State Business Court Amendment — Creates a business court and establishes procedures and rules for judicial selection, term length, and qualifications
- Ballot Measure 5: Revenue from Outdoor Recreation Equipment Sales Tax Dedicated to Land Conservation Fund Amendment — Creates a land conservation trust fund with 0.75 percent of revenue from sales and use taxes on outdoor recreation equipment
6. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The Georgia Secretary of State can be reached at 844.753.7825
- Email Address: The office can be reached via email through this simple form.
7. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and getelection reminders
Astronauts Walked On the Moon for the First Time 50 Years Ago On This DateThis content leverages data from USAFacts, a non-profit that visualizes governmental data. You can learn more on its website,
by Countable | 7.20.19
Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Bills, Anti-BDS Resolution Advance From House Foreign Affairs CommitteeThe House Foreign Affairs Committee on Wednesday passed a package of five bipartisan bills aimed at outlining the House’s
by Countable | 7.19.19
Should You Be Allowed to Remove Trees on Your Property Without Government Approval?What’s the story?Sunshine State residents can now remove trees from their property without any interference from local
by Countable | 7.19.19