YOUR VOTE: Washington, DC
Join the 168,136 people who've taken action on Countable this week
by Countable | 3.19.18
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
1. KNOW THE DATES
- Primary Election: D.C.'s primary election is on June 19, 2018.
- General Election: The general election is on November 6, 2018.
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Registration Status: Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Voting Requirements: Here are the requirements to register as a voter in D.C..
- Primary Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the primary election is May 29, 2018 for mail; May 28 for in-person registration; Election Day registration is available on June 19, 2018.
- General Registration Deadline: The registration cutoff for the general election is October 16, 2018. Election Day registration is also available.
3. FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE
- Polling Location: School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Absentee Ballot: Out of town, or serving abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
4. WHAT TO TAKE THE THE POLLS
- Voter ID Laws: D.C. does not require proof of residence to vote, but some polling places require an ID to enter the facility.
- Accepted Credentials: Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Don't have valid ID?: Once you have registered to vote, no further voter ID is required to vote in the District of Columbia except for some first time voters.
- Voter ID helpline: Call 844-338-8743
- Learn more about voter ID from VoteRiders: Visit Washington, D.C. Voter ID FAQs
5. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- Phone Number: The D.C. Official Election Center can be reached at 1-866-DC-VOTES.
- Email Address: Its email is: email@example.com.
6. NEED TO REGISTER?
- Or maybe you just want election reminders? Click below to get started and, thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered.
Powered by TurboVote: register to vote, request absentee ballots, and getelection reminders
‘Consensus Calendar’ Clash May Derail Bill Protecting Military Survivors' Benefits From 'Widow's Tax'The second-most bipartisan bill in the House of Representatives faces an uncertain future after House Democrats voted last week
by Countable | 7.16.19
The DC: 🚫 House condemns Trump's 'go back' tweets, and... Should taxpayer-funded clinics be banned from referring women for abortions?Welcome to Wednesday, July 17, innies and outies...The House of Representatives voted to condemn as racist President Donald
by Countable | 7.17.19
Should Google Be Investigated for ‘Treason’ for Working With China?What’s the story? President Donald Trump said he will “take a look” at investigating Google for treason after investor Peter
by Countable | 7.16.19