What Do You Want Your Reps Asking at the Mueller Hearing?
How do you feel about the Mueller report?
by Countable | 7.23.19
What’s the story?
- Former special counsel Robert Mueller makes his highly-anticipated appearance on Capitol Hill Wednesday, answering questions about his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.
- During Mueller’s last public appearance, he reiterated the two main conclusions of his report: “that there were multiple, systematic efforts to interfere in our election” and if his office "had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
- The House Intelligence Committee hearing, scheduled for 8:30 a.m, will focus on Volume 1: Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The House Judiciary Committee hearing, scheduled for 12 p.m., will focus on Volume 2: possible instances of obstruction of justice by President Donald Trump.
- The Department of Justice has limited Mueller’s testimony Wednesday to matters covered in the redacted portions of his report.
What questions are expected?
Did your report find there was no collusion?
- President Trump, his supporters, and his advocates have repeatedly claimed/tweeted “no collusion!” Though there is no legal definition for “collusion,” and the report made no finding on the issue, it would be helpful for either Ds or Rs to hear whether statements made by the president and Attorney General William Barr are true or false.
Did your report find there was no obstruction of justice?
- Mueller has said he did not make a determination of whether the president committed obstruction of justice because of a DOJ policy which states that a president "cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional."
"Charging the president with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider,” Mueller said in May.
- Barr has said that he agrees Mueller could not have indicted Trump, but the AG has also said he felt Mueller could have voiced whether he believed an indictment was prudent.
Did you find a conspiracy with the Trump campaign?
- Republicans are expected to ask Mueller to expound on one of the conclusions of Volume I of his report: that he did not establish a criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Moscow.
What do you think?
What do you want your reps asking Mueller? What questions do you want answered? Will the findings of the Mueller report influence your vote in 2020? Take action above and tell your reps, then share your thoughts below.
Would You Support Impeaching Trump Over His Ukraine Call?What’s the story? A cache of Democrats is calling for the House to begin impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump
by Countable | 9.23.19
The DC: Trump discussed Biden with Ukraine, and... 🧾 Should presidential candidates have to release their tax returns to be on the ballot?Welcome to Monday, September 23rd, uppers and downers...President Donald Trump confirmed Sunday that he discussed former Vice
by Countable | 9.23.19
Committee Watch: Assault Weapons, the Border Crisis, and the Intel Community Whistleblower ComplaintBefore bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by
by Countable | 9.22.19