Committee Watch: The Mueller Report & Impeachment, Legal Jeopardy for the ACA, and Child Separation at the Border
How do you feel about this week's committee hearings?
by Countable | 7.8.19
Before bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by relevant committees ― which also conduct oversight of federal agencies. Here’s a look at what Congressional committees will be holding hearings on this week.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “Protecting Innocence in a Digital World”. 10am
- The House Oversight Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Trump Administration’s Attack on the ACA: Reversal in Court Case Threatens Health Care for Millions of Americans”. 10am
- The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee will hold a hearing titled “Investing in America’s Surface Transportation Infrastructure: The Need for a Multi-Year Reauthorization Bill”. 10am
- The House Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing titled “Monetary Policy and the State of the Economy”. 10am
- The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime will hold a hearing titled “Marijuana Laws in America: Racial Justice and the Need for Reform”. 10am
- The Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee will hold a hearing to vote on nominations of the administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), a member of the National Surface Transportation Board (NTSB), Coast Guard promotions, and 12 bills. 10am
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold a hearing titled “Defense Cooperation: Use of Emergency Authorities Under the Arms Export Control Act”. 10:15am
- The Senate Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing on the reappointment of General Mark Milley as a four-star general and on his nomination as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. 9:30am
- Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing titled on the “Important Role of U.S. LNG in Evolving Global Markets”. 10am
- The Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress” featuring testimony from Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell. 10am
- The House Science, Space, and Technology Committee will hold a hearing titled “Earth’s Thermometers: Glacial and Ice Sheet Melt in a Changing Climate”. 10am
- The House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “Lessons from the Mueller Report, Part III: Constitutional Processes for Addressing Presidential Misconduct”. 9am
- The House Oversight Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Trump Administration’s Child Separation Policy: Substantiated Allegations of Mistreatment”. 10am
See the full Senate committee schedule here.
See the full House committee schedule here.
Tell your reps what you think they should be focusing on and share your thoughts on the week’s schedule in the comments below!
― Eric Revell
Key Quotes From the November Democratic DebateTen Democratic presidential candidates took the stage in Atlanta Wednesday night, hours after an explosive impeachment hearing
by Countable | 11.20.19
Justice Dept. Inspector General to Testify on Alleged Surveillance Abuses Against Trump Campaign in 2016UPDATED - 11/21/19: Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) announced Thursday that Inspector General Michael
by Countable | 11.21.19
The DC: Sondland testifies there was a quid pro quo, and... 🗳️ How do you feel about the 2020 Democratic candidates?Welcome to Thursday, November 21st, prime and odd numbers...When it Ukraines, it pours.Ambassador to the EU Gordon Sondland
by Countable | 11.21.19