Is the Mueller Probe Being Conducted Fairly?
Do you think the Mueller probe is fair?
by Countable | 3.21.19
What’s the story?
- Various polls have reported very different findings on Americans’ attitudes towards special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
- One of the polls, which the president himself touted, has been criticized for being based on a poorly framed poll question.
What did the polls find?
A survey from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found:
- 62% of Americans are confident that Mueller’s investigation is being conducted fairly.
- 33% are “very confident.”
- 37% are “not very” or “not at all confident” in a fair investigation.
Suffolk University/USA Today survey
This survey asked 1,000 respondents the following: “President Trump has called the Special Counsel’s investigation a ‘witch hunt’ and said he’s been subjected to more investigations than previous presidents because of politics. Do you agree?”
- 50.3% responded “yes”
- 47% disagreed
However, various outlets have criticized the question for combining two ideas: “[I]t’s not clear which of Trump’s claims respondents were agreeing or disagreeing with — that the Russia investigation is a ‘witch hunt,’ or that there have been more politically motivated investigations of Trump than other presidents,” FactCheck.org explained.
What do you think?
Do you think Mueller’s probe is being conducted fairly? Are you confident in the Mueller investigation? Take action and tell your reps, then share your thoughts below.
(Photo Credit: James Ledbetter via Flickr)
The DC: 🗣 Politicians respond to Trump's 'go back' tweets, and... Should migrants apply for asylum in the first country they enter?Welcome to Tuesday, July 16, lactose tolerant and intolerant...Politicians from across the political spectrum are responding to
by Countable | 7.16.19
What They're Saying: Trump's 'Go Back' Where You Came From TweetsWhat's the story? President Donald Trump on Sunday tweeted that "‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen" should “go back and help
by Countable | 7.15.19
Trump Seeks to End Asylum Protections for Most Central American Migrants – Do You Support the Move?What’s the story? The Trump administration on Monday announced it is moving to end asylum protections for most Central American
by Countable | 7.15.19