by Countable | 12.16.18
Before bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by relevant committees ― which also conduct oversight of federal agencies. Here’s a look at what Congressional committees will be holding hearings on this week.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
- The Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (aka the Helsinki Commission) will hold a hearing titled “Mosque and State in Central Asia: Can Religious Freedom Coexist with Government Regulation of Islam?”. 3pm
- No hearings are scheduled.
- The House and Senate Veterans Affairs Committees will hold a joint hearing titled “Tracking Transformation: VA MISSION Act Implementation” featuring testimony from VA Secretary Robert Wilkie and other VA officials. 2pm
- The Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights will hold a hearing titled “A Comparative Look at Competition Law Approaches to Monopoly and Abuse of Dominance in the US and EU”. 2:30pm
- The House Veterans Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight will hold a hearing titled “The Veterans First Program after Kingdomware”. 10am
Tell your reps what you think they should be focusing on and share your thoughts on the week’s schedule in the comments below!
― Eric Revell