Why does it have to be so hard to understand what our lawmakers are up to?
With Countable, it doesn’t.
Countable makes it quick and easy to understand the laws Congress is considering. We also streamline the process of contacting your lawmaker, so you can tell them how you want them to vote on bills under consideration.
You can use Countable to:
- Read clear and succinct summaries of upcoming and active legislation.
- Directly tell your lawmakers how to vote on those bills by clicking “Yea” or “Nay”.
- Follow up on how your elected officials voted on bills, so you can hold them accountable in the next election cycle.
Countable is available for free online, on iOS, and Android devices.
How do you think we’re doing? Let us know!
What They’re Saying About Us
"Countable is slick, easy to use and could definitely help inform your opinions."
- The New York Times
"Tinder, but for Unsexy Congressional Bills, Is Kind of a Great Idea!"
"You don’t have to wait for your representatives to adopt anything. All you have to do is sign up and start sending your thoughts to Congress."
"Telling your senator how to vote is as easy as 'liking' a Facebook picture."
- Tech Crunch
"This New App Could Be Your Congressman’s Worst Nightmare."
- The Blaze
- How do we do it?
Our editorial team researches and reviews legislation that’s coming up for vote or trending in the news. Summaries are non-partisan and the editorial team works to offer a balanced perspective. They summarize the legislation and answer key questions like:
- Who will be impacted?
- How much does it cost?
- What are the arguments for or against it?
- How are my votes delivered to my representatives?
When you vote on legislation, we send an automatic message to your lawmaker. You can customize these messages by following the prompt after you vote. We also send your contact information so your lawmaker (or more likely, their staffers) can verify that you live in their district. We believe that most representatives will respond to your messages — please let us know when they do!
- Can I suggest edits to a bill?
Absolutely. If you’re on the website, click the “feedback” link on the right side of the page. Also feel free to send us any other ideas (about our write ups or otherwise) on our feedback form.
- Why don’t you have every bill summarized?
We try to cover every bill likely to be voted on in Congress and bills that are topical or in the news. Our mission is to provide you with a way to evaluate how your own views stack up against your representatives’ views.
There are a variety of reason bills don’t make it to a congressional vote. A bill might not receive enough support to make it out of the committee to which it is assigned, or it may have a counterpart in the House or Senate that passes first.
To avoid inundating you with bills that never see the light of day, we provide summaries only on bills that will likely see a vote, or that pose an interesting political question.
- I love this idea! How do I get involved?
Awesome! Here are a few ways you can dig deeper:
- If you see something that should be fixed please let us know.
- Apply to join our User Advisory Council.
- We’re hiring! Check out our Jobs page to see open positions.
- Read up on the rest of our FAQs for more information.