Countable is politics made easy - a place where everyone can direct democracy.
Countable is an app that gives voters an easy way to learn about legislation, tell their Reps how to vote and make sure they listen. We are a tech startup based in San Francisco, CA seeking to expand our presence across university campuses and are looking for passionate and civic-minded students to join our new university program.
Apply Now to be a University Ambassador
What is the Countable University Ambassador Program?
If you live-and-breathe politics, love to engage with friends and strangers alike around politics, are from any political persuasion, and have proven success in social media - this opportunity may be perfect for you.
The Countable University Ambassador Program is an opportunity to actively support the democratic process in our country by empowering yourself and your peers to directly influence policy, and keep track of your congressional representatives.
What does an Ambassador do?
- Interact with peers and participate in related political events as a representative of the Countable University Program
- Serve as a liaison between Countable and the student user demographic on ways to improve and better meet needs
- Create a network of relationships with school departments and campus groups with similar values and goals
- Contribute content for the Countable blog by regularly writing opinion pieces on upcoming legislation
- Share important updates and opportunities on social media
- Build awareness by organizing informational and promotional events
- Participate in the development of the Ambassador program while doing outreach on your campus
- Potentially representing Countable at events and online
If accepted to the program, Ambassadors will work remotely and at flexible hours in order to accommodate academic obligations, but must also be committed to regular and timely contributions.
What are the perks?
- A profile, and a large public platform for voice and expression on topics that you feel passionate about
- Support and guidance from the Countable editorial team, who will read through your op-ed submissions before approving them, providing feedback to help hone your writing skills
- A wide national network of contacts and relationships with like-minded peers who are politically and civically engaged
- The opportunity to join the Countable team for formal internships or job openings
- Work experience and reference building at an up-and-coming tech startup
What are we looking for in an applicant?
- 18 years or older, and currently enrolled at a university or community college
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to balance your work schedule with your academic commitments
- Interpersonal and networking skills, with strong networks of student friends, online and offline
- Familiarity with, and an active presence, on social media and networking
- The ability to work well in a remote environment
- Relevant writing or marketing experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Enthusiasm and passion for politics and civic engagement
- Responsive to communication from Countable staff